The Matyó flowers are one of Hungary’s most distinctive folk art symbols. Originally from the Northeastern town of Mezőkövesd these beautiful flower patterns are believed to have developed in the 19th century by local women and are still used today as traditional embroidery motifs.
With the aim of exposing local traditions and culture, LOKALWEAR has developed a contemporary jewelry line, combining the traditional emblematic Matyó flower patterns reinterpreted in distinct up-to-date materials and colors.
- Polystyrene branches and daisy shaped dangling earring have stud and bullet clasps to secure.
- Available in ivory, coral and citric yellow
- Wrapped in LOKALWEAR’s custom packaging featuring product inspiration story
- Measures approximately 10 x 3.5 cm
- Nickel free post backs.
- Made in Hungary assembled by hand
- This product is partially hand made nuances and unevenness are part of its distinct look. Polystyrene is strong and durable and should be treated like a ceramic, as it can break if dropped or knocked against a hard surface. It should be worn and handled with care.
- We are committed to working with the local community, this piece was produced and assembled in Hungary.
Prices are retail prices. For wholesale, distributors and import prices please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org